Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Peter Bond" the music...

There is an old expression about when you complete a record, you're really only just beginning, which is true. Putting a few of the songs from my forthcoming solo album for you to listen to is the first small step to getting this music out into the world. This project has been in the works for far longer than 4 years though, my working background is in Production and Mixing, but really, wether I am playing an instrument or mixing, these are all part of the process of expression and making music. .For this project I wanted to wear all the hats on both sides of the glass, find the limits of my talent and try to push past them. "Peter Bond" has been a very long journey, full of big highs and big lows but some how, miraculously, this music exists.
With this record, I wanted to create music without any compromise, or excuses, and do it all the "hard" way. That meant no "short cuts" as I saw them, with all top level recording and mixing environments, real drums, real guitar amps, no models, no autotune, no sample replacement of live instruments . I had a very specific vision, and just about drove myself off the edge of reason trying to get there. My hope now is that this music can reach out and touch people, for this is not a technical exercise, it is all about the music, arrangements and ultimately, expression through recorded sound.
I am Peter Bond and these are my songs. Thank you for reading this and visiting here.[less]

No comments:

Post a Comment